Wednesday, October 26, 2011

11-10-20: Push-Ups, Sit-Ups and Kettlebell Swings

Elm City CrossFit Wod for Thursday, October 20th, 2011
OK, I didn't do 'em one armed. I can do those... but I can use the other hand to count the reps, with spares...
Ab-Mat sit-ups, legs spread a bit wide to take the hip flexors out of the equation a bit. Top position (not shown) is shoulders in front of the hips.

Kettlebell swings, as shown by CrossFit Games '11 3rd Place Women's individual winner Annie Sakamoto. Yup, she rules! (crossfit.com)


WoD: 4 Sets Until Failure
  • Push-ups
  • Sit-ups
Score is Push and Sit-up combined total

Sellout: 5x 30sec on:30sec off:
Max Rep KBS 55# NO DROP

(Note: writing this a week later... memories are fading rapidly!)

My only goals were to try to maintain my numbers from round to round, not in a "save some for next round" kind of way, but just in that the total from the previous round became the next round's goal and to break 200 points. I didn't base that on a lot, and didn't work too hard to keep track of my total as I went. So it was kind of gratifying to hit that mark.

Movement/Round1234Totals
Push-Ups2215131161
Sit-Ups50303033143


Total score: 204

Obviously, it wasn't the most successful goal, though I did manage to stay fairly consistent on the sit-ups... after the first round. :S

Round12345Totals
KBS191916181890

No comments:

Post a Comment