- Strength: 3-3-3-3 Bench Press
- 87%-90%-92%-92% of 1RM
- Following Each Set:
- Max Rep Pull-up
First things first. I think I screwed up on my weight calculations. Having visited my PR page at 5 in the morning, I thought my PR was 175#, meaning my sets today would be at 155#, 160#, and two at 165#. All of which I banged out pretty easily. Looking back, it turns at that original 175# was for a 3-5RM. Using THAT to calculate a 1 rep max really means I should have been basing my numbers off of either 185# (3RM) or 197# (5RM). Fudge. So, following on from that, if my calculated 1RM was 185#, my work weights should have been 160#, 166# and 170#, and at 197#, they should have been 170#, 177# and 181#. So basically, I accidentally totally slagged off today. As I said, fudge.
Pull-ups, I opted to go with a lighter band than usual. I would have liked to do them completely unbanded, but frankly, wouldn't have gotten enough work in. As originally written, the workout was to be done with added weights. I definitely wanted more than one rep. :S
After working through the WoD, we had some time left over, so I worked on some 20# medicine ball cleans. They are SO easy compared to barbell cleans, but I do love them for working on the feeling of dropping into a nice full squat on the catch. After warming up with a few of those, I moved onto empty bar cleans. As usual, I've been struggling on keeping the bar close to my body, especially through the high pull/shrug. It may be super easy to pull the bar back in when its empty, but near impossible with any sort of weight on the bar. So, I tried to work on that for a bit, then distracted myself with some of the other movements I need work on. Overhead squats, front squats, back squats, barbell complexes, that sort of thing.