Thursday, June 14, 2012

12-06-13: 1 mile time trial

Elm City CrossFit WoD for Wednesday, June 13, 2012
As long as I stayed out in front of Homer, I was doing ok. 

Camille Leblanc-Bazinet running in the CrossFit Games.

And the reason why I do CrossFit rather than just running exclusively. Though, to be honest, that's as much total bullshit as the woman who doesn't want to lift weights because she's afraid she'll look like Arnold Schwartzenegger. To be honest, NEITHER of us is in much danger. I could run 20 miles a day, and with my diet and sleep, probably wouldn't lose a pound. Likewise, with some very rare exceptions, the likelihood of a woman becoming 'too ripped' is nearly zero, and those women who DO get there did it with some SERIOUS work, and SERIOUS dietary restrictions that the rest of us are NEVER going to impose on ourselves.


Rain. Running. ARGH!  Small turnout for this class (did I mention the rain and running combo), so it was me, two distance runners, and a newer athlete (to me), who's distance work I'm unfamiliar with. My only goal? Keep up.

Straight out of the gate, Woodie took off, never to be overtaken by any of us. I managed to keep on Andres' heels, and even pushed the pace a little after the 800m turnaround point, and stayed a few steps ahead of Jessa, the unknown quantity.  In our recent Army PT test WoD, we had to do a 2 mile run, and I knew that my first leg of that was more than a mile, so I knew that I should be able to hit this one unbroken. I managed... but man did I ever want to stop around the 1,200m mark. Still, knowing Jessa was just a few steps back, I pushed on. Andres, Jessa and I all finished within about 10 seconds of each other... Woodie smoked us by a minute or two. Jerk.

Mile Run = 8:47 (PR?)

No comments:

Post a Comment