Tuesday, April 5, 2011

11-04-05: Remedial Double-Unders

My original goal was to finally complete the CrossFit Games Open Qualifiers Week 1 workout, Double Unders and Power Snatches. I had been cranking out double-unders the day before, and wanted to strike while the iron was hot, so to speak. Fortunately, I was smart enough to warm up with some jump rope, just to grease the grooves, and discovered to my horror that I had once again LOST the ability to do double-unders consistently.  So, I scrapped the initial workout idea and decided to focus on double-unders for as long as I could stand it. 55 minutes later, I was hitting somewhere between 6 and 13 reps at a time. My calves are shot, my triceps are on fire, but hey, I got some video of the experience!

About 20 minutes in:
A few minutes later:
(Please forgive the hideous sound artifacts and crappy editing... or lack thereof.  Need to find some freeware for trimming up mp4s made on an iPod with a non-responsive start/stop button!)

So, long story short, I've still got plenty of work to do.  Not sure if fighting my way through several dozen attempts today (hundreds?) was positive or not, but I AM glad I took some time to work on it. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment