Wednesday, March 21, 2012

12-03-14: Rope climbs and running

Elm City CrossFit WoD for Wednesday, March 14th, 2012


WOD: Open Athletes: 10 min AMRAP
  • 1 Rope Climb
  • 200m Run
Not too bad. I used the knotted rope, and was averaging one ascent and a run in about the 90-100 second mark. Originally, the workout was designed to be 8 minutes, but we were given the option to add in a bit more if we wanted it. I took the opportunity to rack up one more rope climb, ending with just about 15 seconds to spare. 

Total rounds, reps: 4 rounds, 1 extra rope climb

After that, I worked on the footwork needed to climb the regular, non-knotted rope. I was a little surprised at how uncomfortable that is on the feet and legs, though I guess its only to be expected. Everyone always makes it look so "easy."  More work will be needed before I graduate to the big boy rope, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment