Thursday, June 3, 2010

10-06-03: "The Se7en"

Warm-up:
7:00 Exercise bike
Active Stretching
"The Seven"
Seven Five rounds for time of:
7 x Handstand push-ups
7 x 135# 85# Thruster (1st round @ 135 lbs)
7 x Knees to elbows
7 x 245# 195# pound Deadlift (1st round at 245#)
7 x Burpees
7 x 55 pound Dumbbell swings
7 x Pull-ups
        DNF (Did NOT finish) - completed 5 rounds, and was unable/unwilling to continue
Total Time: 40:00ish

This was one of the most grueling things I have ever attempted. I was done after the first round, and ready to quit after the 2nd.  How I kept going for the next three is beyond me, especially in a weight-room that had to be 85 degrees with 100% humidity.  I tried to keep moving to the next exercise everytime my heart rate dropped below 180 bpm, which is pretty damn high.

Upshots: First 3 sets of Pull-ups were unbroken, and all started with strict form, before relying on a kipping motion for the last few.  If you had asked me yesterday if I could do even one strict pull-up, I probably would have said no.  So that was a nice surprise.  First time doing burpees in a long time, and feeling it a bit in my knees, but between the cryo-cuff and vitamin I(buprofin), its all good...hopefully!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment