Thursday, June 17, 2010

10-06-17: "Elizabeth" Cleans and Dips

CrossFit WoD for Sunday, June 13, 2010


Active stretching/warmup



"Elizabeth"
21-15-9 reps of:
  • Clean 135#
  • Ring dips


Time: 10:32 (with a little rest time due to shared equipment)

Interesting note: Not having official weight-lifting shoes, I opted to do the workout in just socks (like I'm going barefoot on *that* floor!), which I've done before for workouts where the weight is moving in a fairly vertical path, and therefore fairly unlikely to move laterally enough to kill toes or anything.  This worked perfectly, and is actually a fairly enjoyable way to workout.

The funny part was when I changed back into work clothes, including my newish Avia 207s, which I bought probably a week or two before reading Chris McDougall's "Born to Run."  I really noticed the feeling of muting all the senses and feedback from my feet, and walking back to the office felt like I was walking with two numb feet. Not as enjoyable as the workout at ALL. When these thing wear out, I am so looking for minimal footwear to wear at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment