Monday, June 21, 2010

10-06-21: OH Barbell Lunge walk, Burpees

CrossFit WoD for Monday June 21st, 2010

5 3 rounds for time of:

  • 45# barbell overhead walking lunges, 50 feet
  • 21 burpees
Ugh.  Never start a workout with a headache.  Especially one that involves burpees. Made it through the first round well enough.  Knees weren't exactly happy about the lunges, but i did them nice and slow to try to maximize the stretching and whatnot, since its probable that working the legs in a nice even manner *should* help balance out the musculature and support around the patellar tendon.  Hopefully.  However, the second set of burpees nearly killed me, and the third was total gut-check time. Decided to cap it there. Probably could have finished with the lunges, but the headache just sapped my will to live, much less continue hurting myself. 

This headache has been lingering since last night, when my daughter proved that she has a wicked right open-palm eye-strike right before we put her to bed. My eye stopped stinging about 2 hours later, but the headache has gone on unabated.  I don't think that eye is blurry or anything, so i think that's causing it...probably just the stress of having my 2-year-old kick the crap out of me in one shot.  On Father's Day.  Go figure... ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment