Tuesday, September 14, 2010

10-09-14: "Helton"

CrossFit WoD for September 10th, 2010

"Helton"
Three Two rounds for time of:
  • Run 800 600 meters
  • 50 35# Dumbbell squat cleans, 30 20 reps
  • 30 20 Burpees
Lots of scaling. Planned on doing all three rounds, until reality started to destroy my ability to stand.

Graham Holmberg 27:49 (53lb kettlebells).
HeroLtJospehHelton_th.jpg
U.S. Air Force Security Forces 1st Lt. Joseph D. Helton, 24, of Monroe, Ga., assigned to the 6th Security Forces Squadron at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla., was killed September 8th, 2009, while on a mission near Baghdad, Iraq, when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Helton is survived by his mother, Jiffy Helton.

"I feel terrible!" - Han Solo
Yeah, this one just kicked my ass coming and going. I decided to go for a 2/3rd scaling on each event, and realized very quickly that even that might have been a bit ambitious.  I just really hate running and burpees, I guess.  Most of the snatches devolved into power snatches, but I did end up working in a partial squat as I fatigued, since I couldn't actually power the weights all the way up anyways.  To quote (or more likely paraphrase) the great Mike Burgener: "A squat snatch is nothing more than a missed power snatch." Man, did I ever prove that today.  Yikes.

Total Time: 23:45
Round splits: 8:40, 23:45 (yup, 2nd round was nearly 2x as long as the first...that's not good!)


No comments:

Post a Comment