Tuesday, September 21, 2010

10-09-21: Kettlebell Swings and remedial rowing (again!)

CrossFit Football WoD for September 21, 2010
Off-Season
One Minute On...One Minute Off...for 10 minutes.
 - 30 KB Swings - 2 1.5 pood (55# dumbbell)
  • You have 1 minute to get 30 KB swings. If you do not get 30 KB Swings in 1 minute, count a penalty. 
  • Perform this workout one minute on and one minute off. Total time is 10 minutes. 
  • For every penalty counted, perform a 1000 meter row.
GoFit 45-Pound Black Kettlebell Kit
Annie shows great technique. (crossfit.com)
Five minutes of work, total?  How hard could that be? Especially with a slightly scaled weight?

Round 1 2 3 4 5
Reps 30 30 30 26 28

Yup, for all my bravado, I ended up having to row another 2K the day after doing 2K in 500m sprints. Needless to say, it really really sucked. There Joe, is that enough complaining for you?! My hands and arms are SHOT from this back to back brutality, and can I say a little something about my back about to explode after doing 144 heavy kettlebell swings in 5 minutes?!

1 comment:

  1. Yeow, this looks nasty! KB swings crush me. My hammies and adductors were still barking at me Sunday morning after Thursday's workout.

    ReplyDelete