Thursday, September 16, 2010

10-09-16: "Kelly"

CrossFit WoD for September 15, 2010
"Kelly"
Five rounds for time of:

  • Run 400 meters
  • 30 Box jump, 24" 18" box
  • 30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
Kim Malz 32:57 (24" box, 14lb ball).

Eva shows how it should be done. (crossfit.com)




Yeah, my box wasn't nearly this high. Nice! (crossfit.com)

3 kids learning wallball from a master...and probably able to kick MY butt! (crossfit.com)
Put on some good tunes, and started grinding it out.  Opted to keep the box jumps, despite the fact that I know they kill my knees, but tried to mitigate the damage by stepping down after each jump, rather than jumping down.  It slowed me down, and hopefully kept me from way overloading the tendons/ligaments...again.  Active warm-up to get going, and then hit it.  Had to use the evil treadmill, usually set around 8.6 mph, 0 incline.  What kept slowing me down, each and every time, was breathing.  Any rests I had to take (and they were many) was to catch my breath a little bit.  Not sure if I'll eventually get better at working through oxygen depletion, or if my overall efficiency at cycling out CO2 will go up or what...but I can't wait for it to happen!

Total Time: 34:22

Musical selections from today's workout:






No comments:

Post a Comment