Wednesday, February 15, 2012

12-02-13: Bodyweight devastation!

Elm City CrossFit WoD for Monday, February 13th, 2012
Double-unders. Rope goes under the feet twice per jump. Keeping the body rigid and not mule-kicking on every jump increases your efficiency drastically. 
Push-ups. Suck-tacular today.

An animated GIF! AWESOME!!! (ab mat sit-ups, btw...)

Mountain climbers. So awful, even the US military uses them. (ArmyPRT.com)


WoD: 30-20-10

  • Double-Unders
  • Push-ups
  • Sit-ups
  • Mountain Climbers (2-count)
Brutality. Nothing else can explain how much this one sucked. While it was fairly fast, for some reason I had ZERO push-ups, and for the second and third rounds, resorted to doing scaled push-ups from my knees (though still with a fully rigid torso and abdomen, so not cheater push-ups!). I struggled a bit with the double-unders, but they were far from "the problem" on this workout. I just got *smoked* on the push-ups. I managed to keep all the sit-ups unbroken, got a little mulched on the mountain climbers... but man, did those push-ups eff me up. Argh.

Note: Writing this post two days later. What's sore? My upper thighs, most likely from the combination of mountain climbers and sit-ups. Argh argh argh indeed! :(

Total time: 12:00 
Place: Last.

No comments:

Post a Comment