Monday, April 19, 2010

10-04-15: "McGhee"

CrossFit WoD for Thursday, April 15th, 2010

"McGhee"
Complete as many rounds in 30 minutes as you can of:
  • 275 245 pound Deadlift, 5 reps
  • 13 Push-ups
  • 9 Box jumps, 24 inch box
10 rounds plus 5 deadlifts

Scaled the deadlifts back to 245# after trying a full 275#.  I can do the full weight, but not in a timed situation. Its too close to my skill-limit right now to try to crank out a bunch when form isn't my UTMOST concern.

Started out shooting for 15-20 rounds, which seemed doable when I was done with 2 rounds at the 3:00 mark, and 3 rounds at the 4:30 mark.  Things slacked off dramatically after that.  First of all, standing up from the dead-lifts was making me grey out a bit, and then getting up from doing push-ups was nearly killing me.  Remember those knees from my last post?  Yeah, that started catching up with me on the box jumps.  Basically, by the end, my form on the dead-lift was probably a joke, my push-ups were slow and agonizing, and every jump up to and off the box was making my knees burn like a blow torch was being aimed just below both kneecaps.  So, to pull 10 rounds out of that actually makes me pretty happy!

However, there is the aftermath, to be expanded on in the next post.  Basically, it boils down to this: patellar tendonitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment