Friday, August 27, 2010

10-08-27: Handstand Push-ups, Farmers Walks, and Weighted Squats

CrossFit Endurance Strength and Conditioning WoD for August 27th, 2010

5 Rounds for Time of:
  • 6 Handstand Pushups
  • 20 Meter Farmer's Carry @ 25# plate per hand (see pic below for form)
  • 15 Squats Holding both plates
  • 20 Meter Farmer's Carry back
Did this bad boy in the lower gym.  Coming off of doing 160 bodyweight squats yesterday, doing 75 more with 50# weight was a little difficult, but not unbearable.  Upshot of all those years of playing soccer all those years ago: I can bang on my quads repeatedly with FAR more success than anything else.

Total Time: 7:45

Time probably would have been a bit faster if I was able to face the wall and kick up into a handstand.  Instead, I face away from the wall, plant hands @ 18" away from the wall, kick my feet up and back, and then walk them up the wall while walking my hands closer to the wall. After the push-ups (with VERY limited range of motion, but increasing all the time), then I have to slowly collapse back down the wall in such a way that I don't pile-drive my face into the floor.  All in all, easily a minute was taken just with those five times of getting into and out of the final push-up position.  Ugh.

Jason Barkemeyer, Highland Games 173 pounds each farmer walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment