Monday, August 22, 2011

11-08-19: Push-Ups, Pull-Ups and Skill Work

Elm City CrossFit WoD for Friday, August 19th, 2011

Push-ups. Sort of. Don't try this at home. (crossfit.com)
Pull-ups. I wish I could smile at the top of one. Someday. (crossfit.com)
Muscle-ups. Dynamic. Awesome. I can't wait to be able to do one! (crossfit.com)

Buy-in: 5-10-5-15
WOD: Skill Work/Work Your Weakness
Still in agony from Wednesday's workout, I took this as a sort of slow, active recovery kind of day. Hit the buy-in as hard as possible, but even with a fairly stout band (the thick blue one) ended up finishing second to last, and the guy who came in last had done the same workout and was doing this one with full body-weight pull-ups, so he beat me overall, easily.

For the WoD, we were to pick whatever skill we wanted, and work on the progressions leading up to it. I chose muscle-ups, as it would allow me to continue working upper body while ignoring my leaden lower body to a large extent. I worked on the false grip, dips, control position, and some transitions from hanging under the rings in a false grip to the above the ring position. Sadly, my grip was so shattered as well that my usually crappy false grip was actually even worse than usual. Definitely a recovery day overall.

Note: Three days later (I'm finishing this on Monday afternoon) my wrists and forearms are still pissed at me. Uh oh. To the fish oil and advil, batman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment