Wednesday, August 31, 2011

11-08-31: Handstand Push-Ups and Double-Unders

Elm City CrossFit WoD for Wednesday, August 31st, 2011
Wall-assist handstand push-ups. I'm not there yet. Soon enough. (crossfit.com)
Um, this is just silly. Impressive, but silly. (crossfit.com)


WoD: 10! UP
  • Handstand Push-Ups (knees on high box)
  • Double-Unders 
 After a day of running and pull-ups, it would be interesting to hit some more lower-body metabolic conditioning (though in sprint mode, for the double-unders) and add in an upper body pushing movement. After going over the standards and scalings for the hand-stand push-ups, I opted to go with the knees on the box variation. I don't have a kick-up to the wall yet, much less into a band harness hungfrom the pull-up bar, but that's definitely my next stop. My next skill-work day will be more hand-stand push-up work, but this time focusing on the kick-up to either the wall or band.


Total time: 7:12

No comments:

Post a Comment