Monday, April 23, 2012

12-04-20: A whole lotta stuff!

Elm City CrossFit WoD for Friday April 20, 2012

Toes to bar (L-R: Knees to elbows; toes to bar; and knee to elbow attempt) (crossfit)
Burpees. FML. (CrossFit Games)

Pullups.
 
Bear crawls. Kids make it look so easy.

Honey bear don't care...
 WOD: 9min AMRAP*
  • 9 Toes 2 Bar (t2b) (subbed with sit-ups in 2nd round)
  • 6 Burpees
  • 3 Deadhang Pull-Ups (dhpu) (banded in 2nd round)
    • *every 3 rounds, 1 loop bear crawl
This was a brutal piece of work! After crushing the body with several rounds of t2b, burpees, and dhpu, it was time to take a spin around the gym on all fours, totally crushing the lungs. While I was sure I could handle the pull-ups unbanded, the added stress of the t2bs really knocked the crap out of my hands, and my not-particularly well-cared-for callouses on my hands looked like they were bunching up and getting ready to tear. Rather than risk that, I opted to drop the t2b in favor of simple sit-ups, and used the lightest red band to take some pressure off the pull-ups.

Total score: 5 rounds + 5 sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment