Monday, March 8, 2010

10-03-08 "Helen"

"Helen"
Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
1 1/2 pood Kettlebell X 21 swings (or 55 pound dumbbell swing)
12 Pull-ups

Warmed up with some jump-rope...started out shoeless, but soon realized that whipping myself in the toes with the PVC jump-rope is among the most painful experiences on the planet...at least for a fairly privileged white suburban dude.  Put shoes on and continued. Did several minutes worth, and ended with 20 double-unders. Here's some philosophy for ya: When I get better at those, they'll be way easier to do. As it is, it took a bit to get to 20, and I was suitably sweaty and warmed up after it.

Active stretching to loosen up.  Still working on trouble-shooting which part of the process makes my knees lock up so badly.  Apparently NOT the twisting lunges. They've been out of the rotation for awhile, and I'm still ending up crippled after workouts.

Set a treadmill at 8.4 mph, and away we go!

1st round was easy enough, but I totally gassed on the 2nd 400m run, which tanked my recovery after every other bit.  Still, kept going to the next item faster than I used to be able to, so my metcon is definitely improving.  Pull-ups were pretty good across all three rounds. First efforts of 6-8-6 represent a sort of personal best. First time working with a weight as heavy as 55# for the kettle-bell swings...that kind of sucked (and revealed just how MUCH arm/shoulder I use on the lighter weights!)

Cooled down with some very easy exercise bike. It has a built-in fan, so its kind of the go-to for the end of a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment