Thursday, May 6, 2010

10-05-05: Dumbbell Complex

Warm-up:
7:00 Elliptical Machine
Active Stretching

Five rounds of:
5 Dumbbell deadlifts
5 Dumbbell hang cleans
5 Dumbbell push presses
5 Dumbbell squats

Increase the load each round. Rest as necessary between rounds.

25#/35#/40#/45#/50#

Having had to run for the train this morning, my knees were acting up all day long, leading to this workout.  They seemed to loosen up enough, but on both the hang cleans and the push presses, I just could not translate the leg energy into bar motion, meaning both exercises were almost ALL arm...which is bad.   The first 1-2 rounds were easy, the 3rd and 4th were getting difficult, but I almost failed out repeatedly on the last round. Deadlifts were easy, the hang cleans were doable, but the push presses were almost beyond me. Between fatigue, and the fact that my attempts at driving the dumbbells from the hips were only successful in unbalancing the weights on my shoulders, leaving me to try to just force them up using only arm and shoulder...ugh.  Twice, I lost control of the weights, and ended up with them on my thighs, gasping for air.  However, not having put them down at any point, I get to consider those unbroken sets, ugly and miserable as they were.  :S

No comments:

Post a Comment