Wednesday, May 19, 2010

10-05-19: GHD Sit-ups, Back Extensions, and Med-Ball Slams

CrossFit Endurance Anaerobic Endurance WoD for Monday, May 17th, 2010.


5 Rounds For Total Time of, Rest (120sec) between each Round
There were three of us cycling in and out on one GHD machine, so before the second and third rounds, I actually got an extra minute of rest. No biggie.

Total Time 22:08.
Minus rests: 12:08

As expected, my quads were shot to shite by the previous day's wall-balls and rowing, but just tried to warm-up as best as I could. 7 minutes of stationary bike, fairly intense to get the blood going, followed by active stretching.  Around the 2nd or 3rd round, my lower back started to scream at me (I likened it to having shards of glass packed around the vertebrae), but I could tell it was really just weird muscle stuff going on. So, I used my 2-3 minutes rest between rounds to stretch my back, quads, and hamstrings. All good, made it all the way through.  Yay me!  Course, now I'm walking like a saddle-sore hurtin' buckaroo, but still, I FEEL GOOD. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment