Wednesday, May 12, 2010

10-05-12: Pull-Ups, Dips, 135# C&Js, Row 220m x5

CrossFit WoD for May 12th, 2010

Five rounds for time:

  • 5 Muscle-ups 10 Pull-ups & 10 Dips
  • 135 pound Power clean, 10 reps
  • Run Row 220 meters
@ 35 minutes.

7 minute warm-up on the bike, followed by active stretching.

This workout was a LOT too similar to yesterday's, so the same muscles were getting targeted. While that's ok for a larger muscle, like the quad, the focus area over the past two days has been the forearm and wrist area (pull-ups, dips, cleans, etc.).  It did NOT help that my knee-sparing sub of rowing for running had the added effect of never giving my hands/forearms a rest.  Put it this way...typing this is a bit painful! :S

Tried to work on my power clean technique, having just reread most of the relevant chapter in Coach Rip's authoritative text, Starting Strength.  Definitely having an issue of getting set, then ducking just a hair lower, so that when I extend my legs at the start of the lift, there's a moment when the weight isn't moving as that slack is taken out of my arms, resulting in a "thud" as everything locks in. Not only hard on the shoulders, but it wastes valuable lift time from the legs, when they aren't doing any real work.  Gotta work on that!!  The catch still sucks, since I'm nowhere near flexible enough to get the weight onto the front delts, but that seems to be a secondary problem, especially with the heart of the lift being a little goofy.

I also realized about 1/2 way through the 3rd round that I must be getting my daughter's cold, as I nearly hocked a loogy i didn't realize I had in the back of my throat during one of the cleans. Since, my throat has been kind of sore...no runny nose to compare with the little princess' leaky nose of horrors, but still.  It doesn't bode well, I know that.  No extra vitamin C here at work, no extra multi-vitamins, no nothing. Argh!!! I don't wanna get sick!!


No comments:

Post a Comment